Excavation, at its simplest definition, is the process of moving dirt from one place to another. Excavating is a key component of many types of projects, including construction and waterway restoration.
If you’re wondering whether you might need an excavation contractor for your next project, here’s a breakdown of what they can do for you.
Why Hire an Excavation Contractor?
Excavation contractors have experience in navigating the heavy machinery required for the work. An excavation contractor will be able to bring their own equipment to your worksite, and their insurance covers any accidents or injuries that may occur so you don’t have to worry about being held liable.equipment is expensive to buy and insure, so it’s not something that’s practical for the average person to invest in.
You might need to excavating contractors at McCullough Excavating have over a decade of experience in excavation and are ready to help you with your next project, whatever it may be.if you’re planning new construction, installing a water or gas line, building an inground pool, creating storm drainage systems, or clearing land. Our experienced
What Excavation Contractors Do
Excavation contractors can tackle any number of projects depending on the equipment they have available. This could include tractors, bulldozers, power shovels, backhoes, dredgers, and more. More precise excavation requires the use of hand tools such as shovels, spades, and sometimes a pickaxe. An excavation contractor should be well-versed in the use of both heavy machinery and hand tools.
Because there are so many types of machinery out there, with different skill sets required to operate each one, you need to make sure you find a contractor that offers the services you need for your next excavation project. Our team of excavation contractors specializes in the following services:
- Land Clearing: We’ll work with you to clear your property of any stumps, trees, or other foliage that you want to have removed.
- Demolishing: Our contractors can use our excavation equipment to demolish old buildings or other structures, clearing the way for new construction.
- Foundations: We can excavate the ground in order to lay a level foundation for your next construction project.
- Shoreline Stabilization: We’ll excavate the shoreline of any waterbody on your property using a dredger so riprap can be installed, preventing erosion and protecting your shore.
- Storm Drainage Systems: Our team is experienced in laying storm pipes and installing manholes and catch basins to ensure your property can drain properly after a storm.
- Long-reach Excavation: We use long-reach excavators to reach difficult areas, such as those boxed in by heavy foliage, or to dig deeper foundations for a new building.
At McCullough Excavating, our team of Bainbridge, IN excavators has over a decade of experience in helping clients with their excavation projects. If you have an excavation project in mind that you don’t see here, feel free to ask us whether we can help. For a free quote or to talk to one of our excavation contractors, give us a call at (765) 386-6514